Get automated investing and professional guidance.
Our innovative technology builds and manages your portfolio based on your goals, so you don't have to. It’s investing made easy.
Leverage our expertise to get a tailored portfolio.
Get a portfolio of low-cost ETFs chosen by our experts. They use their professional insight to pare down more than 1,800 ETFs to the 51 that will be considered for the portfolios.
- Portfolios comprise 20+ asset classes to help manage risk and returns.
- Schwab experts monitor ETFs to ensure they remain appropriate for the portfolio’s strategy.
Talk to real people 24/7/365.
U.S.-based, registered representatives are available around the clock, 365 days a year to help you. Call, or chat with us online anytime.
Open your account in minutes.
Answer several sets of questions online, fund your account and we’ll take it from there, using our smart technology to recommend an expert-designed portfolio tailored for you—in as little as 15 minutes.
Technology that works hard so you don't have to.
Proactive account monitoring and rebalancing
We monitor portfolios daily and automatically rebalance them as needed to keep them diversified and on track.
Automatic tax-loss harvesting
Our automatic tax-loss harvesting can help you offset the taxes on investment gains.1
Up-to-date market trends
We keep you up-to-date on current market trends and other planning topics, such as taxes and estate planning.
Check in on your portfolio anytime, anywhere with our mobile apps. Available for iOS® and Android®.2
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios is backed by our commitment to keep costs low.
- Pay no advisory fee and no commissions.
- Just as if you'd invested on your own, you will pay the operating expenses on the ETFs in your portfolio—which includes Schwab ETFs®.
- We believe cash is a key component of an investment portfolio. Based on your risk profile, a portion of your portfolio is placed in a FDIC-insured cash deposit at Schwab Bank. Some cash alternatives outside of the program pay a higher yield. See more information.
And you can get started for as little as $5,000
What is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional?
A CFP® professional has completed the CFP Board’s rigorous certification requirements and understands how to bring all the pieces of your financial life together.
How does this work?
Use our online planning tool to create your no-obligation plan. Then meet with a CFP® professional to fine-tune your plan and then select your portfolio(s). If you decide to go ahead, you’ll get an automated portfolio of ETFs and unlimited 1:1 advice from a financial planner to help evolve your plan.
What is the advisory fee?
Pay a one-time planning fee of $300, and just a $30/month advisory fee after that. Get started with a $25,000 minimum.
So which option is right for you?
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios®
- Robo-advice technology that automatically monitors and rebalances your portfolio.
- 24/7 support from U.S.-based Schwab professionals.
- Interactive profile assessment to set, track, and work towards your goals.
- Pay no advisory fee and no commissions. See more information.
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium®
Automated investing with professional financial guidance
- You get the robo-advice technology with Schwab Intelligent Portfolios, plus.....
- Unlimited 1:1 guidance from a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
- A digital financial plan that provides a customized roadmap for reaching your goals.
- Interactive online planning tools.
- Pay a one-time planning fee of $300, and just a $30/month advisory fee after that. See more information.